top of page
  • _


Yesterday, Monday, I arose at 5:15 am and went to pick up the fund raiser donuts. Somehow the order was lost and they did not have them ready. They worked hard and quickly to assemble the order. The manager was exasperated, you could plainly tell. He gave me a hot chocolate while I was waiting and then offered me a discount when I went to pay for them.


Now that is a good manager. I told him, no to the discount, as I understand companies are run by human beings, and that errors occur. His graciousness allowed my graciousness. If he had been unconcerned about the tardiness or had not offered me anything, then I would have been frustrated and would have felt he owed me something.


I came home and took the children to school. I then came back home and sat down on the couch to read, Emma, by Jane Austin. I am toward the end of the book and only had time in the past week to read bits and pieces. I was going to be lazy today and read my book!


I hadn't read very long when I was overcome with sleepiness. I thought, I will take a 20-30 minute nap and then get up and go to work. When I woke up it was 12:15 pm. I slept the whole morning!


Well now I felt guilty and got to work. I did some work on the computer, did two batches of laundry and cleaned the laundry room. I changed my mom's bed and potty, and cooked supper.


For supper, I took out some frozen hamburger and cooked it with dehydrated onion. I then added water, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, some leftover salsa in the fridge that had cilantro in it, 2 cans of pinto beans, 2 cans of kidney beans, a can of corn, and two packages of Goya Natural Seasonings. I added salt and pepper and garlic later. So basically, I made a Chili. It was really good as it is cold and rainy.


The children had ordered the Half Blood Prince from Netflicks so we all sat down to watch it as a family. Fito and I did not see the end as we had to leave at 6:30 pm. I was to be the program for the Lion's Club.


I was doing the Stereotypes (Diversity) from my training sessions. It is always fun to do for clubs and groups. We worked for almost 30 minutes to get the city's projector to work. At first we could not get the DVD player to come up on the SMART board, but then I used Media Player and it came up, but we had no audio.


We finally watched the segment on a laptop. Thank goodness it was a small screen. They are having me come back in January to do more. They wanted to see more last night, but the person who had invited me, told me to only take 20 minutes. And of course, after starting late, I felt I couldn't take extra time.


I could see their disappointment, and this is where I made my mistake. Fito told me I should've said something then instead of just ending it. That I should've let them decide if I should go on. Oh well, live and learn. I have always been taught that a public speaker's job is to fill the time given...whether it is 5 minutes or 4 hours. One entertains and provides information regardless of the time frame.


We came home, did our bedtime routine and were in bed by 9:30. Yea! Maria did call during the day, but it was awkward and strained. I wish I could get her to read Jane Austin's books and see the nature of a gracious woman, the folly of a poorly timed marriage...and more. Her vampire books (and she had read 3 different series are interesting, but do not have the classical teaching of virtue and character that Jane Austin includes. 

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Dear Reader

Dear reader, Let’s talk. Talk the only way you and I can actually talk. I’ll speak, you listen. You don’t know me yet, but you will. It will take time of course, you may have to read many of my posts,


bottom of page