top of page
  • _

Finished Emma.

Tuesday, I got up around 6:15, worked on the computer, did the morning routine, then sat down to read the rest of my book, Emma.


I kept getting phone calls of things I needed to take care of. Then I was on the last 10 pages of the book and the door bell rang. I was still in my pajamas!


I peeked out the window and it was my Mom's visiting teachers. These are two ladies from our church that come to visit and check in on my Mom each month.


I let them in and we went down to my Mom's section. She was asleep (it was 12:30 pm) and woke her up. I stayed for the visit and it was really nice as always.(As we all like to talk politics, too.)


I then went to take a bath and finished my book in there. What a great book! It doesn't matter that I am almost 50. I still want the boy to meet the girl and fall in love. I must say, though, that my view point has sure changed since I was a teenager and last read these books. I can now see why Mr. Knightly and Emma were such a good match. Why their chances for success would be so much greater as their families, education, values, principles, and so forth were so equally developed.


Now it was 2 pm and I had to really get busy. I did a batch of clothes and started a pot of water to boil. I also had leftover beans from one of the fund raiser lunches that we hadn't eaten. I took them and put them into quart jars. I still also had some leftover de-boned chicken. I put some of it in pint jars. I processed the jars and cooked some egg noodles.


I then heated up the chicken in a skillet, then added it, and two cans of cream of mushroom soap to the cooked egg noodles. Sort of a Chicken and Noodles supper. I added salt and pepper. The chicken had seasonings from when I had cooked it before and there was broth, too, so it was really good.


The children came home on the bus. I went to go and pick up Felipe from his class. When I got back, Fito and I took the Suburban to the city to leave it for repairs. It appears that it is the differential and it is a 4 X 4, so it will not be a cheap repair.


On the way home, we stopped at Aldi's to get some groceries. We then went to KFC/Taco Bell and made an order for tomorrow. He is going to try bringing in fast food at lunch as a fund raiser.


We then went home. I was going to take the girls to the library, but now it was too late. We put away the groceries and I wiped down the shelves of the outside refrigerator. Felipe had been watching an old John Wayne movie so Fito joined him. I did the dishes, put away the food. I started to clean the stove, but it was too dirty, so I put some spray on it, will let it set all night, and will clean it in the morning.


I also emptied the canner. One of the jars had broken and there was beans all over the jars and canner. What a mess. I cleaned it up, and it is always so satisfying to see those jars lined up filled with food.


Two of the jars didn't seal. I put them in the fridge and we will have to use them soon. Perhaps burritos?

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Dear Reader

Dear reader, Let’s talk. Talk the only way you and I can actually talk. I’ll speak, you listen. You don’t know me yet, but you will. It will take time of course, you may have to read many of my posts,


bottom of page