Put It Away - Organization at Work or Home
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Washington State
Dear Reader
Yea! Catching up blog...a start! Sagastizado's 2017
What a year it has been!
The difference in how a Dad and a Mom dress the girls.


Bread for Fund Raiser
Cheese Cake Recipe
David's Blog
Fall 2013
Fall 2014
Finally...time to
Food Storage
Grand babies
Life Ebbs
Marriage and Fidelity
Pride and Prejudice
Spanish Diet
Spring 2013
Spring 2014
Spring 2015
Summer 2013
Summer 2014
The nursery
Tony's Graduation Trip
West Point Graduation
Why cook?
Why people home school.
Winter 2013
Winter 2014
powered by

My Blog


Big time cooking! Tamales!

Thursdaynight, I was to pick up Tony at 11:40, but then he called around 10 pm and his plane hadn't even left. He got to OKC finally, around 1:30 am.
I then got up onFridaymorning and drove to Dallas (3 hours away) to pick up 4 of our nieces and nephews. I got caught in some traffic and it started raining on the way home-- that slowed us down. Then when we reached the Arbuckle Mountains (yea... I know they are not REAL mountains...hey, I grew up in Colorado...but here in Oklahoma they are mountains to us.

Busy as usual.

Monday, I was up at 5:30, but I forgot I was to go and pick up donuts for a fund raiser. I just quickly dressed then headed out the door. When I came back, I took Felipe to his class and then home then everyone to school.
I made some chicken tamales, then got ready for work. This was the first time ever I made such a small batch of tamales. There were about 23. I was a lot easier and went quickly. I cooked them in the pressure canner while I was in the shower.
I turned off the burner and headed out the door.

Tamales Fiasco

Well, I set out to make tamales yesterday and what a mess! First of all, I wasn't really planning at all to make tamales, but when the "stew" that I had pulled from the freezer turned out to be tamale meat mixture...I decided to go ahead as all I had to do was the masa.
I worked in the morning on the computer and then went to teach my computer class. Afterwards, I did two errands and then headed home. I got caught in some construction traffic on southbound 44. I couldn't go around it, because the 44 is the only way to cross the river unless I divert by many miles.