Electricity...finally. Working on kitchen.

The past few weeks have been busy but amazing. I did not have to work and so I have been doing all the things that I did not have time to do while working.

I have been cleaning and organizing in my office, although, I am not completely done in there. I finished and stained a piece of furniture. It just needs new handles and it is done (the handles I bought were too long) and I haven’t made it back to that store to exchange them.

We had an electrician come out and he spent three days and now my mom’s room is completely done.

You need to understand that our first electrician never finished the add-on and we have had to use extension cords for several years. Every time I had some one new come out, they were only able to figure out one thing or would not want to take the job.

This friend of Fito came out and fixed everything, even the bathroom upstairs. He cut holes in the sheet rock, kept climbing up in the attics, and so on until he followed each wire, figured out where it belonged and got the fixture or plug working.

He found covered up plugs and lights and has everything up and running. My mom’s room now has smoke detectors, lights and fans, and working outlets in every room.

The sheet rock is all repaired…I just have to paint it. We still owe him money…but he said we could just finish paying him monthly. He also has some land he wants cleared. We have talked about going there in the fall and helping him to clear it for payment. Who knows how it will all come together, but it always works out.

Today, I have other workers here and they are finishing my kitchen. In December, the counter cracked and broke off and we have had a plywood counter since.

While Fito was in Canada for the week,(at his mother’s 80 birthday celebration) I went and purchased marble tile, a travertine farm sink, edges, grout, etc. to redo my kitchen.

(Can you imagine your wife doing all this while you were gone...?)

Hummmm….are you adding two and two together? Yes, that is why I did not have enough to pay off the electrician…Well, there is more to the story.

Originally, I had decided to do the kitchen first as cleaning plywood is the pits! However, the electrician friend called and said he had no work and could he come and just get started….that we could always figure out the money later.

I clearly told him what I could give him now and he came out. But once here, he kept on working as he had no other work and so he finished. I also had to spend money on wiring, switches, lights, and smoke detectors which I hadn’t budgeted in the original cost.

Hey, it is done. I am happy. My mom is happy. The electrician got enough money to pay the bills he needed to pay and is happy.

Also, we do not have to pay for the labor on the kitchen. We had an enclosed trailer that we decided to sell during the winter months. One of our GED students found out about the trailer and wanted it as he does construction. He took it months ago and has been using it. Our agreement was that he would do our kitchen for the trailer.

21 Comments to Electricity...finally. Working on kitchen.:

Electric radiators on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:13 PM
First of all i want to say thank you that you are reconstructed your kitchen that is the good thing. I hope you will also use the electric radiators for save your life and damages as well.

Dr. Tammy on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:45 PM
I really appreciate your comments.

esd wrist straps on Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:24 AM
I really like to browse the internet and the primary purpose being is the information I get from content such as this.I have study several weblogs on this topic, this being my analysis topic. But I discovered this publish especially beneficial. Thanks.

Dr. Tammy on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:49 PM
Thank you...I hope you keep coming back to this site.

wall cladding tiles on Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:45 AM
Renovations are always exciting and important. They gives a new energy to the house or office. I really like that you have shared about it through this blog post.

House Sale in London on Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:24 AM
Kitchen renovation encompasses so many things--from the raw to the sublime, from the picayune to the important--that it can easily overwhelm even the most determined homeowner.

Hoxtonmix on Friday, December 06, 2013 1:48 AM
I agree with you that the kitchen renovation is really very necessary to remodel the kitchen which gives the great look to your home.

kitchen renovation now on Friday, February 21, 2014 7:53 AM
This is the first time I've read such a good article, really very good,I hope there still can continue to read such a good article.

Best House cleaning sacramento on Saturday, February 22, 2014 3:59 AM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post.......Electricity...finally. Working on kitchen.. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me.keep it up.................

electricity providers companies comparison on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:55 AM
Hats off to your presence of mind and appreciable work in this blog. How amazingly you noticed the micro changes and wrote them in broader way.

Catering equipment Brisbane on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:40 AM
Very nice that you guys have sorted out everything regarding the kitchen and it looks that it will be a complete kitchen for future.

Alex on Friday, May 23, 2014 7:32 AM
There are some interesting facts mentioned in this article that I was searching for such a long time. Thanks a lot for sharing all the information.

commercial food equipment on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:24 AM
Thanks for updating post related to food equipments is really very impressive,great job done by you keep it up. Please share more blogs!i like your post so much.

wycieczki do niemiec on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:46 AM
Moreover, if we have a little elderly youngster may independently is playing in any pen Each amongst us varies and features distinctive preferences, which means that there isn't an clean standards who have well guided the set up from the kitchen

plak bh on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 1:41 AM
Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

adres on Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:54 AM
various forms of state-of-the-art cosmetic to every room or space that you can locate a specific thing suitable Buying house furniture towards size

drury lane clinic on Saturday, September 26, 2015 2:21 PM
I believe you’ve produced several truly useful points. Made folks would likely truly picture this how you simply does.

Electrician Perth on Thursday, November 05, 2015 3:20 AM
That's a great news ti hear! Just a quick note to tell you that I have a passion for the topic "Electricity finally works" ta hand. You know I'm pleased to see the working process. Thanks!

keramiek tafelblad on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 11:11 AM
This could be one specific with the most beneficial blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Really Wonderful. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.

http://betonnen-keukentablet.be on Monday, December 14, 2015 5:09 AM
I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Definitely a great post. Thanks

Melbourne Window Cleaning on Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:02 AM
I am interested in finding more such topics and more information.