"Ride the bike down the hill, up a ramp, and into the pond" Party!

I have been working full-time, plus one of the teachers severely broke one leg and the foot on the other leg...so...I took her evening class. Which meant 13 hour work days, two times a week. Needless to say, I am tired.

However, at the same time, the weather has been incredible and we have had some really lovely fun days and evenings.

Two years ago, while Fito and I were out-of-town, Matthew invited friends over and they had a "Ride the bike down the hill, up a ramp, into the pond" party.

We didn't even know about it until I saw the videos on Matthew's Face book page.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, we had another such party. Oh my goodness, did we have fun. Fito actually built a ramp for the jumps. Matthew had about 20 friends here, and Fito and I had some as well.

I cooked my Tammy's Taco Pile On's and a large batch of Spanish Rice. My cousin brought a large container of Chile con Queso and chips, so we ate really well.

We played volleyball, people swam, rode the bike down the hill amid all the shouts and cheers, sat on the dock and gazebo, played on the tree house, and enjoyed the day.

The evening was perfect and the fun continued.

Here is a video my daughter Maria made of some of the more perfect jumps and the fun:

You need Flash Player in order to view this.
Bike jump
Fun at Sagastizado's
Fito did the jump twice and even Maria, who had a baby just 3 months ago did it. I was not going to even attempt it. Not at 52 years of age...breaks take longer to heal the older we are.

Well...on July the 4th, for Independence Day, we had friends over again, and Fito did the jump to show them. I had been swimming in the lake and all-of-a-sudden, had a moment of daring.

I took the bike up the hill, got on it and started riding hard down the hill. I was petrified and realized I did NOT want to attempt such a foolish feat.

I hit the brakes, but they did not respond (no one had informed me that the brakes did not work on said bike).

Now in the far recesses of my mind I had to make a split-second decision: do I just ride the bike into the mud and lake and simply flop into the mud (with a greater chance of hitting the bike and being injured) or do I take the ramp and go into the deeper water.

I chose the ramp. However, I was so scared (or out of shape) that my body would not do what my mind was telling it to-- to let go of the bike and sail through the air.

I simply went right into the lake. (Fito said all of the girls did the same...)

Well, I lived...no stitches, no broken bones, not even a bruise. I did hit my head on the muddy bottom, but did not hit the bike and showed my children that mom still has some spunk left in her.

Here is my graceful jump:

You need Flash Player in order to view this.
Tammy's "graceful' jump
We had a "ride the bike down the hill, up a ramp, into the lake" party. See a petrified 52 year old, mom of 10, try it.

Hope you had a great laugh...you can hear my son Tony laughing as he filmed this. He of course, is in perfect shape, being in the army...

Fito, too, just laughs and laughs when he watches it...it IS funny and you will not hurt my feelings at all...hope this makes your day a little better and may you be blessed with some wonderful summer days of fun.

22 Comments to "Ride the bike down the hill, up a ramp, and into the pond" Party!:

Belle Anderson on Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:50 AM
Reminds me of our days tubing the Guadalupe River near New Braunfels. We had G'ma & G'pa's tube with an ice chest, peanut butter floating down the river with the teenagers from La Marque Ward, grandchildren...so much fun especially when we got to the rapids! I miss those times.

Dr. Tammy on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 5:42 PM
Summer fun...great memories. Life just keep changing, doesn't it. Hope you guys are well.

project management office software on Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:35 AM

How can you get bicycle crash compensation on Saturday, July 20, 2013 2:49 AM
I read your post and also have visited all your resources and must say I really enjoyed reading it. Your way of sharing content is really plausible.

Dr. Tammy on Monday, July 22, 2013 2:32 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate it and hope you keep coming back.

automobile accident lawyers on Monday, July 22, 2013 2:57 AM
I am sure all the guest and participants had a great fun there. I really enjoyed watching these videos that you have shared here.

Dr. Tammy on Monday, July 22, 2013 2:35 PM
We did have fun...thanks.

Hire Forklift on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:57 AM
Seems that you have fun, I really like to ride bike over slope and fell in water. This activity looks enjoyable for spectators also.

Dr. Tammy on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 5:43 PM
It is fun to watch. you are right.

focus izalco pro 3.0 on Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:53 AM
Wonderful video about bike jump! To see this video it seems to me that you are quite capable to ride a bike and skilled as well. So keep going man and hopefully you will do that once again. Thanks

Dr. Tammy on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:11 PM
I am not sure I will ever have the courage to do it again...it is scary!

Cheap Club Dress on Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:34 AM
That is a imazing information about this good post.

NAIROBI AIRPORT TAXI on Friday, April 18, 2014 2:45 AM
I absolutely enjoyed every single small little bit of it. I’ve you bookmarked your internet site to look at out the new stuff you post.

strona www on Friday, August 15, 2014 11:58 AM
If 1 wants to a lot of these styles is definitely expected as well as poor They might normally act as a temporary storage devices put intended for issues that are presently in use, just like bags

Best Balance Bike on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:06 AM
Always has really good posts and topics please keep it up! loads of blogs are going under lately from lack of new posts etc!!!!!

hybrid bike on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:08 AM
Biking is my favorite list! Just a quick note to tell you that I have a passion for the topic "Bike" at hand. Thanks for this excellent article with lots of information.

Allen on Thursday, January 07, 2016 10:45 AM
I love Ride the bike down the hill, up a ramp, into the pond party.Its a nice idea for spending holidays with your friends.

Helmet I use on Saturday, January 09, 2016 1:29 PM
Superb video about bicycle hop! To see this video I can't help thinking that you are entirely fit to ride a bicycle and gifted too. So continue going man and ideally you will do that by and by. Thanks!

William on Friday, January 15, 2016 2:34 AM
Ride the bike down the hill, up a ramp, and into the pond is really a nice idea. I also like these type of adventures things with my bike.Hope have fun there.

tinyurl.com/hdukk7a on Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:08 AM
is any canvas connected with the past, of which taken place at one time with realistic life In earlier times, a lot of car paint lightly brush utilized as the key tool for your artist, but now

George Evans on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:01 AM
Great blog! Really, this is a great post & useful link as well. I totally agree with this post. Thanks for sharing!

Helmet Tips on Monday, July 04, 2016 6:30 AM
Nice Blog. I really enjoyed your post. This is very useful and informative. Keep posting, it will bring inspiration for us.