Garage Sale and new mailbox.

Another week goes by and as always, I have more to do than I have time to do it. Last Saturday, we had a garage sale and actually, it went very well. We made about $250 in cash and we have a new mailbox.

Let me explain. Three Spanish men came to the sale and were very interested in a small motorcycle we had. Fito spoke with them for some time and then decided on a trade.

They then spent the rest of the day building a mailbox. Fito had to go and buy some cement blocks. We already had cement, rocks, and a mail box. They already had sand and bricks.  It took most of the day for them to build it and it is very sturdy. No one should be able to knock this one over or bang it up, which is what happened to our last one.

It is incredible, but there are people that go around and vandalize mail boxes for the fun of it. I don’t understand such behavior. I think some of these other countries are correct in having harsher penalties for such things.

I am putting a picture of it, but it is not completely done…where there is just cement—will have stucco to match our house. The rock too, is the same as what we have on our house. The picture doesn’t show it, but there are two rows of rock.

The rock is from the garden I am removing. I almost have all the plants out of it. I worked on the garden while I was watching the garage sale, and actually did quite a bit. Of course, for the next few days, I could feel it in my muscles. The joy of getting older.

After I closed the sale, I went in and prepared the mixture for Pupusas and made 20 loaves of Poppy Seed Bread. The bread came out absolutely perfect. I hadn’t made it for maybe six weeks and forgot how great it is.

We had my Vietnamese students from a class come over on Sunday. We had all kinds of great food. They brought Shrimp rolls, a chicken and cabbage salad, a type of apple cake, a drink made out of barley and shavings of a tuberous root, steamed rice and shrimp….yummy…really good food.

I have really enjoyed their food, their art, their culture, and their friendship.

It was a perfect day, not hot, not cold. We walked down to the dock, took pictures, got to know each other’s families. They really liked the hammocks under the porch and down by the lake. They said it made them feel as though they were in Vietnam again.

Tomorrow, we are having students over from more classes. I went ahead and invited all the classes. I decided if we are going to entertain again, why not just have everyone over?

I need to go to the store and buy things to make some more bread and to make more Pupusas. But I am not in the mood to go. I just want to work on the gardens while the weather is so perfect.

I am going to put the Garage Sale signs out again when I come back from the store and leave them out until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, we will make some more money.

Maria and Travis still have stuff left over, too, that they need to sell.

We have also been working each day to take out Sand Burrs (sticker plants) out of the yard. This property has so many of them. Each year we spray in the spring, and pull out plants in the fall. Little by little we are eradicating them, but it is a slow process.

I still have my cough, but it is better. It doesn’t keep me up at night any more, but when I am tired, it grows worse. But I am thankful that I do not have allergies like some do. It would be frustrating to live like this chronically.

I have been very blessed with my health and strength and the capacity to be able to accomplish things. It is my hope and prayer that those who are ill may be made whole.

31 Comments to Garage Sale and new mailbox.:

Alex Malik on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:56 AM
Good information. From several days I was looking for such kind of garage for buying and finally I've got that information here. Thanks dude and keep it up.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:37 PM
Thank you for you comments.

belleville springs on Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:44 AM
This is really good to know about that your kindness through this post,thanks.

james on Friday, November 09, 2012 11:51 AM
great stuff. thank you for the info and i hope your recover from your cold soon

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:50 PM
I appreciate your kindness...may you be blessed for it.

Mot Bristol on Friday, November 16, 2012 4:15 AM
Complements to the author, he is inspirational in many ways.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:51 PM
Delighted to be your inspiration. What a great compliment. thank you and bless you.

garage door opener on Monday, December 10, 2012 5:28 AM
Thanks for the explained process. I am very familiar with the entire set-up, and have done work almost identical to the ones shown.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:54 PM
Good for you. thank you for coming to my website. I hope you find the best of luck in all you do as well as to all my readers.

Forklift Rental Sydney on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 3:26 AM
I really congratulate the writer for creating such an impressive blog. Thanks for sharing your experience in a beautiful way.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:48 PM
That is very nice. I hope you continue to read my blog and website. I thank you for your support.

Power Of Sale Homes on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:47 AM
Hi, This page is very informative and fun to read. I am a huge follower of the things blogged about. I also love reading the comments, but it seems like a great deal of readers need to stay on topic to try and add something to the original topic.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:44 PM
I appreciate your efforts. I think different readers make comments depending on their needs...that is why there are so many different types of comments. It is always the same on blogs, however, I have been blessed that not one person has been negative on my blog...I have the best readers from all over the world!

Buy Toronto Home on Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:21 AM
Great Blogs .Every home or organization or,people want a rest or part time for enjoyment .You made some good points here. I did a search on the topic and found most people agree with your blog. Thanks

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:41 PM
I am grateful for your comments. may you and all the readers be blessed with the things you need to prosper.

100% commission loan agent on Monday, February 25, 2013 12:39 AM
I am very much overwhelmed by your thoughts for this particular story. A more deeper and staged knowledge would be good for me. I am searching for good concepts on recession and I think this is the best blog for me to expand.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:39 PM
Why thank you... I am glad you like my blog.

Fast House Sale London on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:57 AM
This is perfect blog for anyone who is looking for topics of repairing the buildings. It has got it all, information, benefits and overview. A perfect piece of writing. Good job.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:38 PM
I appreciate the compliment. Hope you keep coming back.

Tammy Sagastizado on Monday, March 11, 2013 4:52 PM
Thank you for the information and comments.

Tammy Jean Sagastizado on Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:04 PM
This is true. It is very difficult to find a good editor. Good luck.

shanghai group tours on Friday, May 17, 2013 6:03 AM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this website. I'm hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing skills has encouraged me to get my own site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

Dr. Tammy on Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:35 AM
Thank you and good luck on your new venture.

access tibet tour on Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:39 AM
I actually wanted to jot down a remark to be able to appreciate you for these pleasant tips you are placing on this website. My time consuming internet search has at the end of the day been compensated with good tips to write about with my neighbours. I would tell you that we website visitors are truly fortunate to be in a really good network with so many outstanding individuals with insightful guidelines. I feel rather blessed to have come across the website page and look forward to really more cool minutes reading here. Thank you again for everything.

Dr. Tammy on Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:38 AM
That was very nice. May you prosper as you keep coming back and I hope you keep enjoying my site.

tours in tibet on Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:53 PM
What' Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid different customers like its aided me. Good job.

Dr. Tammy on Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:37 AM
What kind words...thank you.

madeforart on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:12 PM
Really enjoyed this article, can I set it up so I get an alert email when you publish a fresh article?

Dr. Tammy on Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:36 AM
You just click on the subscribe butoon and you will get an email alert. Thanks for asking for it. May you be blessed.

custom hinges on Monday, July 22, 2013 7:23 AM
Thanks for sharing the nice post on garage sale,i found your whole post quite interesting,keep sharing the nice one's with us.

apartments for sale turkey on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:07 AM
i read lots of blogs but honestly speaking i found your blog like garage sale is very interesting and informatics.keep it up