Yummy Bread and a picnic

Another week has gone by and as usual, full of things to do and never enough time to do it. Aww life. This past weekend, we had a church social at our house on Friday evening. The weather was perfect; not too hot, but not chilly. It was potluck and I had made a huge batch of ham and beans.

I had also attended the opening of  a new center at the college where I teach computer classes. It was very well done (which the college always does), but as I stayed to clean up—a wonderful thing happened.
There was food left over, and the owner of the restaurant did not want to take it back. So I took home several goodies and used them for the potluck that night. This older I get, the more that I am aware that this type of thing happens again and again. It always seems that I am in the right place at always the right time.

To receive  blessings: to get something on sale, to find an item I have been looking for, to be given something, to meet someone that will bless my life, to be blessed by music, or art, or beauty. It just happens continually and amazes me again and again—the tender mercies that our Creator is just waiting and wanting to bestow upon us.

Rebeca and I went to the Art Festival last week and as always it was full of incredible beauty. We ate Indian tacos, had slushies, she put glaze on a vase, and while we waited for it to be fired, we sat in lawn chairs under a beautiful Sycamore, a cool breeze whispered past, and we watch dancing (Mexican Traditional and then ballroom) on the stage they had set up.

It had been unbearably hot during the afternoon. (I usually have an umbrella in the car and use it when I am in the sun…as my skin gets blotchy) but there was not one in the car. We just hurried as we went from booth to booth and tried to stay in the shade. But by evening, when the music started in was nice…and of course…by that time we were done and leaving.

But also as we were leaving, it was obvious that many people were headed to the Art festival, so we left before it was crowded.
This past weekend, the girls and I worked outside cleaning around the house. Even though it has been almost a year since the tornado, there is still cleanup. The city has one day a year that you can put just about anything by the curb. We started gathering junk and putting it into a pile.

We also raked up and cleaned the area where we have the wood pile near the house for burning wood, and then I cleaned several gardens. There were staples, nails, pieces of stucco, metal, foam, shingles, insulation, and trash from the construction workers. It seems as though the cleanup will never ever be really done.

The back is done. This next weekend, I want to weed the front gardens. And by the weekend, I should be over the stiffness I had from bending over so much…

I made 22 loaves of apple, pineapple, and coconut bread this week. I didn’t have enough apples; therefore, I put in a can of pineapple in place of them. It came out so perfect! Soft and a little chewy with a crunchy crust.

I took some to a family where the father was recuperating from surgery. I took some to a friend for her birthday. Some went to fellow workers and bosses. Fito took some to his work. The small loaves of bread are easy to make and are a nice way to say: thank you, I’m sorry, I feel sad for you, etc.

I made a batch of Chili this week and on Sunday we grilled chicken. Take a big spoonful of mayonnaise and rub it all over the chicken. Also add seasonings like lemon pepper, a fajita seasoning mix, or whatever you prefer.

This gooey mixture keeps the chicken soft and seals in the juices when you grill. The mayonnaise bakes right in and you can’t taste it at all.
I have classes finishing up this week and that means paper work…Yuk. But I have two weeks off before I start teaching another early morning class in June, which means more time to work in the garden, sleep in, or do what I want…yea!

My older sister sent a bouquet of flowers to my mom for Mother’s day and it is one of the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen. There are pink roses (almost a hot pink) and pink lilies. Small yellow roses and purple mums. But the contrast of the colors and the way they set each other off is incredible.

I also took two meals to people this week that had different problems in their lives…it is always good to go and visit others, because I was at the point where I was extremely frustrated with something that I am not quite sure how to handle.

However, after seeing these other families with their issues made mine seem almost trivial. Mine is just a work ethical political goobly gook type of dilemma in deciding what is the best way to handle a very delicate situation…

When I came home today, Rebeca had a picnic lunch already packed. It was a beautiful day and we went on our picnic while waiting for my mom at her hair appointment. That was just the needed medicine to erase life’s little worries.

Hope all the Mothers have a wonderful Mother’s Day and all women who mentor, teach, work with, care for, heal, coach, and love children are mothering and therefore; are mothers. God bless each and everyone one of you for serving His children.

19 Comments to Yummy Bread and a picnic:

kids party venues in sydney on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:03 AM
very nice piece of information in your blog which is very important for any picnic party. Thanks for sharing such nice blogs. Keep it up...

Tammy Sagastizado on Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:39 AM
Thank you very much.

Picos de Europa on Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:14 PM
Great piece of writing about the picnic, I really liked the way you highlighted some really important and significant points. Thanks so much, I appreciate your work.

Dr. Tammy on Friday, July 19, 2013 3:50 PM
Thank you so much.

Walking holidays Europe on Friday, July 12, 2013 12:27 AM
Your blog shows that your picnic was awesome and thank you so much for sharing your experience.You had attended the party of your college that's nice.

Dr. Tammy on Friday, July 19, 2013 3:52 PM
Thank you. May you be blessed as all my readers.

Dr. Tammy on Friday, July 19, 2013 3:53 PM
I appreciate your remarks.

Best beach resort costa rica on Monday, July 15, 2013 8:30 AM
Its lovely to see Art Festival,i thoroughly enjoy such fairs,i am so happy to read your wonderful experience,really a nice one to share.

Dr. Tammy on Friday, July 19, 2013 3:54 PM
I appreciate your remarks.

goa tourist places on Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:01 AM
I have just checked this great list of blogs and commented a lot of good posts. A lot of links have been approved and I got a lot of new users to my site and have done a few guest posts.

Weekend getway from delhi on Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:17 AM
Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform you are using for this site. I’m getting sick and tired of Word Press because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

rolex replica uk on Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:01 PM
Thanks for sharing the descriptive moral of the story.

agra and delhi tour packages on Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:17 AM
Really amazed! Everything is quite, very clear, unbolt is truly a description of the problem. It offers the information. I desired to know you that I linked with your situation with a do follow back associations so visitors may come to comprehend your locate. It is actually each and every one very a pristine comer to me and this article accurately opened my delicate eyes, and I reckon that since I choose evaluation your blog, others will vary. You can attain the link to your web site here:

weekend tour packages from delhi on Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:18 AM
Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap strategies with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.

tourist places in agra on Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:18 AM
You’re so cool! I don’t suppose I’ve read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. Really thank you for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. Useful job of bringing something new to the internet!

Dr. Tammy on Friday, October 11, 2013 6:12 PM
Wow. Thank you so much for your remarks. May you be blessed.

mens swiss army watch on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:10 AM
I read a few good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make such a wonderful informative web site.

swiss arm on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 3:19 AM
Throughout this awesome design of things you receive an A with regard to effort. Exactly where you confused everybody was first in the particulars. You know, they say, details make or break the argument.. And that could not be much more true right here. Having said that, let me tell you exactly what did do the job. The writing can be extremely convincing which is possibly why I am taking the effort to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, while I can easily see a jumps in logic you come up with, I am not really confident of exactly how you appear to connect the ideas which inturn make your conclusion. For now I shall subscribe to your point however wish in the foreseeable future you link the dots much better.

Anonymous on Sunday, December 10, 2017 2:06 PM