Parent-teacher conferences.

Thursday was a crazy day. I arose at 4:30 AM. I got ready for the day and went to pick up 50 boxes of donuts as the Spanish Club was having a fund raiser.

When I came home, Elizabeth and David asked me if the could stay home from school. Neither was feeling good as they were having a parade and Halloween parties, I thought, no big deal. Well it was almost time to go when Fito realized what I had done and insisted that they go to school. So needless to say, everyone was late to school.

I then went to teach my class. I arrived about 20 minutes early. I had my book. (I am reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austin) and I decided to read, but I fell asleep. Thank goodness, I did wake up and made it to class on time, though I had a kink in my neck.

After work, I went home and was going to take my mom to her hair appointment, but Travis said it had been canceled. That was great news for me. I was able to spend some time on the computer working.

At 3 PM, I pick the four younger ones up from school and dropped them off at home. I then went to the high school and started parent-teacher conferences. I had to leave the high school, go to the elementary for Rebeca's. Her teacher is so worried about her as she is not understanding phonics and is slow at reading.

I told her that I normally would be really worried too, but as several of her siblings were the same, I no longer worried. It seems that some children just don't get phonics and if they love to learn, have parents that read to them, and keep working with them, in time, they figure it out for themselves, and then CLICK, almost overnight they are reading.

I then went to the 4th and 5th grade center to meet with Elizabeth's teacher. Then back to the high school to find Felipe's teachers. I went  to two different buildings several times. Down hallways, etc. Some would be busy, others had gone to eat. I finally left the high school at 6:30.

I then went to the middle school to see David's teachers. What a mess. They had a fall carnival going on and some of the teachers were volunteering there. I had to walk back and forth several times the length of the school and still did not find all of his teachers.

What an organizational nightmare! If you say that you are having parent-teacher conferences? Isn't it a good idea to have the teachers in their rooms? But what I heard was great. It is nice to hear how smart your children are.

I went home, ate supper. I had fried some tortillas earlier to make tostados (just fry them in really hot oil till they are brown and crispy. Flip them once.) I then shredded some lettuce, heated up the leftover beans and bistek, put some cheddar cheese out, and we piled the stuff on the tostados. I didn't have time, but sliced hard boiled egg is really good on top, too.

After I ate, we drove to Norman. We were meeting Matthew and three of his friends. One plays the piano, one the flute, and one the violin. We are singing a special musical number in church on Sunday. We practiced for awhile and it appears it will be really nice.

Fito went home as he has work tomorrow. He had his truck as he came straight from a night Spanish class he teaches.

The rest of us followed Matthew home as we still had not seen his new home. He is renting a house with two other college students. It was really nice. Felipe had brought Papito (a Quaker, a type of Parrot) with us and the other college students that were visiting went crazy over him.

He likes to sit on your shoulder and they took turns holding him on their shoulders, talking to him, getting pooped on, which they though was hilarious, and so on. I told Felipe that Papito is a chic magnet and he should carry him everywhere.

I fell asleep on the couch while they played video games. We went home and I went to bed with Rebeca between Fito and I. The others stayed up till who knows when as there was no school on Friday.

Friday, I did make Poppy Seed bread (24 loaves) and made everyone help clean and do laundry. Then I sat down to read, while they all watched movies and played. A nice lazy day.

30 Comments to Parent-teacher conferences.:

Uni pathway courses ACT on Friday, January 04, 2013 6:42 AM
I think these are the best way to understand the student mentality. I appreciate your post and want to thank you for sharing such a nice and accurate content.

Tammy Sagastizado on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:20 AM
Thank you for your comments.

responsible serving of alcohol on Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:03 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and views with us. I am waiting for more updates from you. Thanks.

Tammy Sagastizado on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:26 AM
I do hope you come back and continue reading my posts. may you prosper in your life.

Mobile application for conferences on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:52 AM
First of all thanks a lot for such a wonderful details about meeting. This details contains the relevant and very efficient factors to take in information.

Tammy Sagastizado on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:25 AM
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Worldstarhiphop on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:37 PM
Great informative site. I'm really impressed after reading this blog post. I really appreciate the time and effort you spend to share this with us! I do hope to read more updates from you.

Tammy Sagastizado on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:24 AM
Why thank you for your response. I hope you keep coming back. Blessings to you.

Build online tests on Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:59 PM
Thanks for talking about this important technical details with this web page about parent teacher conference. It is important element for our technology development and enhance our details how we are getting most amazing advancement. So it really excellent for me that I have found some important details through this web page. Thanks again

Tammy Sagastizado on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:22 AM
I am grateful for your response. May you prosper.

Teachers stamps on Monday, March 11, 2013 7:11 AM
I always like reading interesting content and I just want to say that this post took me by surprise and for all good reasons. You will be on my favorite’s list from now on. Thanks.

Tammy Sagastizado on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:21 AM
Wow. I really appreciate your kind words. I hope you continue to enjoy my posts. May you be blessed.

coeur d'alene pilot training on Saturday, April 06, 2013 8:01 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. From now I will be beware of knock off. I think your tips would be helpful to me. I glad to read your post and it's have nice content and interesting blog. I appreciate your work; really it's very informative post.

Tammy Jean Sagastizado on Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:13 PM
Thank you for your kind remarks. May you and all my reader's prosper in their lives.

Bikaner Rajasthan on Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:06 AM
You got a very helpful weblog I've been right here reading through for about an hour or so. I'm the beginner as well as your achievement is extremely a lot a good motivation personally.

Tammy Sagastizado on Friday, May 03, 2013 7:06 PM
Thank you very much. May you be blessed.

responsible service of alcohol course on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:43 AM
Your experience and skill shows in your posted content. I am so pleased to read your post. great effort..

Dr. Tammy on Friday, May 24, 2013 10:31 PM
Why thank you very much.

hiphop videos on Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:02 PM
Hi, Very interesting article seems you have very good command on the topic. Will be returning back soon for more updates. Thanks

Dr. Tammy on Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:31 PM
I appreciate your remarks.

Tools for data analysis on Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:30 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and views with us.Really it is necessary to keep teachers-parent conferencing.Keep posting,it helps a lot for parents and teachers.

Dr. Tammy on Monday, July 22, 2013 4:14 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

click here for more informations on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:14 PM
I must say the blog post is just useful for everyone else reading it because the information and knowledge it contains is very important. I like the post! Excellent job! Keep sharing such valuable information through your blogs.!!!!

rsa online queensland on Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:14 AM
Online reading is not my thing. But after reading your blog I am really pleased. I don’t know about other blogs but this I will definitely keep coming back to.

School Education Trips on Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:52 AM
Parent teacher conferencing is one of the most important thing to know about our child skills and his or her activities. I am so impressed through your information about this topic. thanks

mobile accessories on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 2:42 AM
Thanks for sharing the information. A very nice article. Keep sharing.

kamieniarstwo kielce on Monday, June 23, 2014 11:43 AM
to select a high quality firm that is with fine standing however a great choice to the very dwelling parts designed for children

solary kielce on Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:38 PM
Their main gain is without question their robustness. Ceramic tiles are likewise associated with hardness It's with the hallway think jackets not to mention boots, and yes it was basically right now there the past period truly a

site on Friday, August 15, 2014 2:04 AM
You are also able to tend to tiny your window blinds and also curtains during the appropriate color selection which will meet the simple perform then getting abs mainly to improve.

adresy on Sunday, September 13, 2015 7:57 AM
Very well outlined home, is certainly one whereby we have been happy to devote their valuable free time and additionally believe located at ease Innovative tools and additionally devices If for example the home excellent helping put besides the ease in addition to decent looks